Craft a Halloween companion with this free no-sew crochet pattern for a not-so-scary Frankenstein’s monster! This versatile pattern works wonders with both worsted and plush yarns. Perfect for beginners and seasoned crocheters, this step-by-step guide ensures a seamless creation of this charming Halloween friend. Get your yarn and hook ready to bring this crochet monster to life!
I hope you will enjoy and understand the pattern. If you have any questions, please write to me, I will try my best to help you. And I would love to see your work! Don’t forget to share your finished projects using the hashtag #natalinacraft. I love seeing your beautiful work!
Crochet Pattern – No-sew Crochet Frankenstein monster
Please read the whole pattern properly before starting.
The pattern is written using US terms.
This pattern is made of the following parts:
- 1 Body (yes, that’s all!)
- 1.25 inches (3 cm) with light worsted yarn (I used I love this cotton from Hobby Lobby)
- 2.5 inches (7 cm) with plush yarn (I used Premier Parfait chunky)
- Yarn calling for a US I-9 / 5.5 mm hook in purple, green, and black OR Yarn calling for a US L-11 / 8 mm hook in purple, green, and black
- A small amount of black cotton thread (size 8) for the smile and the scars OR Yarn calling for a US I-9 / 5.5 mm hook in black
- Size US C-2 /2.75 mm crochet hook if you use worsted yarn (a larger hook can be used, your monster will only be slightly bigger) OR Size US 7 / 4.5 mm if you use plush yarn.
- 2 black safety eyes (6 mm) if you use worsted yarn OR 2 black safety eyes (9 mm) if you use plush yarn
- Stitch markers (if needed)
- Tapestry needle
- chain (ch)
- magic ring (mr)
- single crochet (sc)
- increase (inc)
- invisible decrease (dec)
- slip stitch (sl st)
Pattern: How to crochet a No-sew Crochet Frankenstein monster?
Let’s start – No-sew Crochet Frankenstein monster
The body – No-sew Crochet Frankenstein monster
- The monster is worked in continuous rounds (as a spiral). Use a stitch marker if needed.
- Remember to stuff as you crochet.
With a 2.75 mm crochet and purple yarn (or with a bigger hook of your choice)
- Round 1: start 6 sc in a magic ring. (6) – NB: if you work with plush yarn: ch2; make 6 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook. (6)
- Round 2: [6 inc]. (12)
- Round 3: [1 inc in the next st, 1 sc]x6. (18)
- Round 4: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
Change for the green yarn:
- Rounds 5-9: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
Place the eyes between Rounds 7 and 8, spaced by 2 st.
Change for the black yarn:
- Round 10: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
- Round 11: [1 dec, 1 sc]x6. (12)
Fill the body with polyfill.
- Round 12: [6 dec]. (6)
Cut the yarn, close the body, and fasten off.
With the tapestry needle and the black cotton thread, make a mouth over Round 6 and make two scars (one on each side of the face – see picture below)
Congratulations on crafting the cutest Monster! I’m looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.
All rights reserved. The pattern and photographs presented in this document are the sole property of Natalina Craft and are protected under copyright law. This pattern is provided for personal use only. Any unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part, or distribution of this pattern or its contents is strictly prohibited.
You can sell finished items created from this pattern in limited quantities. If you choose to sell your finished products online, it would be greatly appreciated if you include a statement attributing the pattern to Natalina Craft and providing a link to the original post. Thank you for your understanding and adherence to these guidelines.