Crochet a Halloween friend with this free No-sew Crochet Jack-o-lantern pattern! This pattern works with both worsted and plush yarns. Perfect for beginners and seasoned crocheters, this easy crochet pattern will show you how to make the cutest crochet pumpkin. Get your yarn and hook ready to bring this Jack-o-lantern amigurumi to life!
I hope you will enjoy and understand the pattern. If you have any questions, please write to me, I will try my best to help you. And I would love to see your work! Don’t forget to share your finished projects using the hashtag #natalinacraft. I love seeing your beautiful work!
Check out these Free Halloween crochet patterns:
Crochet Pattern – No-sew Crochet Jack-o-lantern
Please read the whole pattern properly before starting.
The pattern is written using US terms.
This pattern is made of the following parts:
- 1 Body
- 1 Stem
- 1.25 inches (3 cm) with light worsted yarn (I used I love this cotton from Hobby Lobby)
- 2.5 inches (7 cm) with plush yarn (I used Premier Parfait chunky)
- Yarn calling for a US I-9 / 5.5 mm hook in orange and green OR Yarn calling for a US L-11 / 8 mm hook in orange and green.
- A small amount of black cotton thread (size 8) for the mouth OR Yarn calling for a US I-9 / 5.5 mm hook in black
- Size US C-2 /2.75 mm crochet hook if you use worsted yarn (a larger hook can be used, your monster will only be slightly bigger) OR Size US 7 / 4.5 mm if you use plush yarn.
- 2 black safety eyes (6 mm) if you use worsted yarn OR 2 black safety eyes (9 mm) if you use plush yarn
- Stitch markers (if needed)
- Tapestry needle
- chain (ch)
- magic ring (mr)
- single crochet (sc)
- increase (inc)
- invisible decrease (dec)
- slip stitch (sl st)
Pattern: How to crochet a No-sew Jack-o-lantern?
Let’s start – No-sew Crochet Jack-o-lantern
The body – No-sew Crochet Jack-o-lantern
- The Jack-o-lantern is worked in continuous rounds (as a spiral). Use a stitch marker if needed.
- Remember to stuff as you crochet.
With a 2.75 mm crochet and orange yarn (or with a bigger hook of your choice)
- Round 1: start 6 sc in a magic ring. (6) – NB: if you work with plush yarn: ch2; make 6 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook. (6)
- Round 2: [6 inc]. (12)
- Round 3: [1 inc in the next st, 1 sc]x6. (18)
- Rounds 4-9: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
Place the eyes between Rounds 7 and 8, spaced by 2 st.
- Round 10: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
Change for the green yarn:
- Round 11: [1 dec, 1 sc]x6. (12)
Fill the body with polyfill.
- Round 12: [6 dec]. (6)
Cut the yarn, close the body, and fasten off.
With the tapestry needle and 2 strands of black cotton thread, make a mouth over Round 5.
The stem – No-sew Crochet Jack-o-lantern
Insert your crochet hook at the top of the head. Join the green yarn.
- Row 1: Make a chain of 4 st (4).
- Row 2: Starting in the 2nd chain from the hook: make 3 sl st (3).
Cut the yarn, secure the stem and fasten off.
Congratulations on crafting the cutest crochet Jack-o-lantern! I’m looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.
All rights reserved. The pattern and photographs presented in this document are the sole property of Natalina Craft and are protected under copyright law. This pattern is provided for personal use only. Any unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part, or distribution of this pattern or its contents is strictly prohibited.
You can sell finished items created from this pattern in limited quantities. If you choose to sell your finished products online, it would be greatly appreciated if you include a statement attributing the pattern to Natalina Craft and providing a link to the original post. Thank you for your understanding and adherence to these guidelines.