Step into the cozy world of crochet with my latest free pattern – the No-Sew Crochet Acorn Amigurumi! This delightful creation is not only small and speedy to make but also introduces the charm of fall and Thanksgiving into your crafting repertoire. Perfect for farmers markets or spreading crochet kindness through random acts, this acorn amigurumi is a heartwarming addition to your autumn projects. Embrace the simplicity of a no-sew design, making it an ideal choice for busy crafters.
I hope you will enjoy and understand the pattern. If you have any questions, please write to me, I will try my best to help you. And I would love to see your work! Don’t forget to share your finished projects using the hashtag #natalinacraft. I love seeing your beautiful work!
Check out these Free crochet patterns:
Crochet Pattern – No-sew Crochet Acorn
Please read the whole pattern properly before starting.
The pattern is written using US terms.
This pattern is made of the following parts:
- 1 body
- 1 stem
- 1 leaf
- 1.25 inches (3 cm) with light worsted yarn (I used I love this cotton from Hobby Lobby)
- Yarn calling for a US I-9 / 5.5 mm hook in light brown, dark brown, green and a small amount of pink for the cheeks.
- A small amount of white and black cotton thread (size 8) the eyes’ corners and the mouth.
- Size US C-2 /2.75 mm crochet hook if you use worsted yarn (a larger hook can be used, your acorn will only be slightly bigger)
- 2 black safety eyes (6 mm) if you use worsted yarn
- Stitch markers (if needed)
- Tapestry needle
- chain (ch)
- magic ring (mr)
- single crochet (sc)
- increase (inc)
- invisible decrease (dec)
- slip stitch (sl st)
Pattern: How to crochet a No-sew Acorn?
Let’s start – No-sew Crochet Acorn
The body – No-sew Crochet Acorn
- The Acorn is worked in continuous rounds (as a spiral). Use a stitch marker if needed.
- Remember to stuff as you crochet.
With a 2.75 mm crochet and the light brown yarn.
- Round 1: start 6 sc in a magic ring. (6)
- Round 2: [6 inc]. (12)
- Round 3: [1 inc in the next st, 1 sc] x6. (18)
- Rounds 4-8: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
Join the dark brown yarn.
- Round 9: [1 hdc in all st]. (18)
- Round 10: [1 sc in all st]. (18)
Place the eyes between Rounds 7 and 8, spaced by 2 st.
I chose to work on the facial details before completing the body since I find it more convenient that way. Alternatively, you can opt to finish and close the body before moving on to the face.
With your tapestry needle, make the side of the eyes with 2 strands of white pearl cotton. Make a mouth with 2 strands of black pearl cotton between Rounds 5 and 6. Make 1 stitch on each side for the cheeks with the pink yarn (see pictures below).
Keep working on the body:
- Round 11: [1 dec, 1 sc]x6. (12)
Fill the body with polyfill.
- Round 12: [6 dec]. (6)
Cut the yarn, close the body, and fasten off.
The leaf – No-sew Crochet Acorn
The stem- No-sew Crochet Acorn
- The stem is worked in rows
Insert your crochet hook at the top of the acorn and grab the dark brown yarn.
- Row 1: ch 4. (4)
- Row 2: ch1, turn: working in the 2nd ch from the hook: 1 sc in the next 3 st. (3)
Cut the yarn. Insert the ends inside the body and secure by a knot.
Congratulations on crafting the cutest acorn amigurumi! I’m looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.
All rights reserved. The pattern and photographs presented in this document are the sole property of Natalina Craft and are protected under copyright law. This pattern is provided for personal use only. Any unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part, or distribution of this pattern or its contents is strictly prohibited.
You can sell finished items created from this pattern in limited quantities. If you choose to sell your finished products online, it would be greatly appreciated if you include a statement attributing the pattern to Natalina Craft and providing a link to the original post. Thank you for your understanding and adherence to these guidelines.